the gap year initiative
The Change-A-Life GAP Year Initiative is a one year intensive skill acquisition programme of experiential learning, which combines information technology/computer education, life skills, one-on-one-mentoring, self-development workshops that are primarily academically inclined but incorporates vocational training and internships. The Programme is primary to engage the beneficiaries on a one-time intensive skill acquisition, self-development and life changing programme which they will in turn share with their peers resulting to a rewarding effect on the society.
Participants under the GYI are expected to:
• Attend all aspects of the delivered Gap Year Initiative, including lectures, skill sessions and seminars/workshops.
• Be supported throughout the year by the GAP mentor for academic guidance, vocational learning and personal support.
• Produce various pieces of assignment work under the supervision and guidance of the GAP mentor.
• Have personal and group tutorial time to discuss their progress in the program with the facilitators.
• Observe the GYI enrolment policy.
Entry Requirement for GYI Programme:
• All participants must have graduated from secondary school and have a vision of seeking higher education or keen in setting up a vocational/livelihood venture.
• Participants must have passed the UTME or working towards passing the UTME.
• The participants must be willing to be a full member participating in all aspects of the Gap Year Initiative (GYI).
GAP YEAR INITIATIVE ACTIVITIES
Computer education · One-on-one mentorship · Vocational Skills acquisition · Life skills & Self-Awareness sessions
Gap Year Initiative (GYI) holds twice a month on Wednesdays
Facilitators of the Gap Year Program are selected based on relevant experience in their fields of expertise. Our facilitators since inception included
ABDUL RAHMAN AHMAD
He is an energetic, ambitious person who has as a Diploma in Computer Science from University of Lagos with over 15 years of experience in Information Technology. He worked with iCANDO Computers Nigeria. He specialises in system administration, desktop publishing, and graphic design. He facilitates the computer classes at the Gap year program.
Kemisola currently runs an integrated marketing communication enterprise. She provides research-based communication solutions and create veritable marketing platforms to brands that are desirous of breaking through the clutter. Kemisola is a multitalented lady whose artistic knowledge has taken her out of the sole of Africa and beyond. He brand logo is known as nkan eledua. She desires to impact her society with her verse experience. She facilitates the sessions on Effective Communication at the Gap year program.
MARY ANIKE EKUNDAYO
Mary has worked as Account Personnel, Executive Assistant, Counselor, and Administrative Executive at different levels with various sectors in the economy including the NGO sector. She is an Associate of the Chartered Institute of Administration (ACIA) specialising in Financial Administration. Mary is also a Floral/Jewellery Designer. She trained as a florist at Say It With Flowers Pty Ltd, Klan, Malaysia. She is presently on her Master of Arts (Leading Innovation & Change) at the York St John University, York, United Kingdom. She translates her knowledge to the participants at the Gap year program during the Skills Acquisition and Empowerment class.