CAL founder’s community building and global community involvement initiatives include:
· Africa UNiTE to End Violence Against Women and Girls: Mount Kilimanjaro climb with UN Women
· Chop Cassava documentary on the 2012 fuel subsidy protest in Nigeria
· World Economic Forum Young Global Leader 2011: Participation in the World Economic Forum
· African Leadership Institute Tutu Fellow and a fellow of the ASPEN Institute’s African Leadership Initiative
· ASPEN Institute’s Forum for Communications and Society participant
· Board of Trustees, Farafina Trust http://farafinatrust.org/
· Board Member, Archbishop Tutu African Leadership Institute
Change-A-Life is a member of the Nigerian Network of Non-Governmental Organizations (NNNGO). NNNGO is the first generic membership body for civil society organizations in Nigeria. It facilitates effective advocacy on issues of poverty and development. Established in 1992, NNNGO represents over 800 organizations ranging from small groups working at the local level to larger networks working at the national level.
The McNulty Foundation Visit
In 2011, Ms. Aprile Age, the Director of the McNulty Foundation, paid a courtesy visit to Change-A-Life Nigeria at the Lagos office. Ms. Age was on a fact-finding mission to acquaint herself with the programs and operations of selected civil service organizations in Nigeria. The founders of these organizations are ALI/WA fellows of the Aspen Institute in the United States of America.
ALI/WA is the African Leadership Initiative West Africa, of which Ms. Funmi Iyanda (the founder of Change-A-Life Nigeria) is a fellow. Under the banner of the Aspen Institute, ALI/WA recognizes the best in high impact leadership by inspiring young people from around the world to make a real difference in their communities.
On her visit to Change-A-Life, Ms. Age met with the beneficiaries of the organization’s scholarship schemes, the beneficiaries’ parents, our women-in-business beneficiaries and other partner organizations. She was warmly received by the beneficiaries and entertained with dance performances after her tour of the organization’s programs and office facility.
Our Future Prospects
• Establish a resource, capacity building and training Centre “NEW DAWN Centre”
• Offering counseling and psychosocially support for sexually abused persons
• Endowment Fund for children
New Dawn Centre
Rape Crisis Centre
Information about the Development projects we are working on will be released later.